How To Maximize Your Entertainment Spaces
Entertainment happens everywhere throughout your home; but, great entertainment spaces can entertain several parties in one location. Setting up various zones within the same home, or room, can help you achieve a functional entertainment space that will make you the host with the most! Just like a successful open concept floor plan, you can use architectural elements or furniture pieces to separate spaces without walls. This concept allows for a broader scope of entertaining for all ages and personality types.
Creating Distinct Outdoor Entertaining Zones
Outdoor living has become significantly more important nowadays and entertaining in outdoor spaces has been a driving force for those looking to move/sell their homes. Creating a larger, more functional outdoor space can be easily achieved by maximizing outdoor usability.
- Focal Points : You can easily create separate zones by focusing furniture/lifestyle on different focal points,like a fireplace or the big selling view. Arranging your furniture around focal points will help you create intention for different zones in your outdoor space.
- Architectural Elements : These elements can range in price, from making part of a larger deck into ascreened in porch all the way to changing the look of your space by adding a stepping stone/paver patio. These architectural elements can create visible, or invisible, barriers that separate spaces and make each feel unique.
- Furniture Variation : The more obvious changes you can make to separate spaces would be a dining set and a lounge seating area. But, you can also change your furniture material (an aluminum framed piece to a rattan) or swap fabrics in order to create change. Selecting similar finishes all within the same scheme or tone can aid in a cohesive separation.
Creating Distinct Indoor Entertaining Zones
More time at home means entertaining guests; but, also, entertaining your whole family on a daily basis. In an effort to promote more togetherness, creating separate zones within the same level of your home is an integral part for the modern day family time.
- Individualized Zones : Each person in your family deserves their own space. With that, it does not mean every toy needs to be out in eye-shot, but there are ways to incorporate spaces that are catered to specific family members that will also not clutter your home – adding someone’s favorite game, a dedicated homework station, TV/gaming space, etc.
- Specific Intent : There are always certain staple areas that you will want to include – a bar, a tv/theater area, game table area. You can use furniture to help carve out the separation of these areas without keeping them in their own specific rooms.
- Multi-purpose Furniture : When selecting furniture, utilizing pieces that can be used in multiple areas of your entertaining spaces and blend seamlessly will aid in getting the most out of your spaces. While selecting these pieces, it is so important to make sure they work aesthetically and functionally. Using the right finishes and fabrics that withstand all of your chosen activities and zones will ensure durability.